A Business Analyst’s range of tasks
A Business Analyst is responsible for designing, planning and organising both new and existing procedures and applications within the ERP-tool or the BI-environment. He or she…
- extracts data from the ERP-system;
- foresees the development, analysis and support of the BI-reporting;
- reviews the business proposals with a critical eye and proposes alternatives where necessary;
- develops and documents new system specifications.
A Business Analyst is a diplomatic business partner and functions as a link between the project managers, the key users and the various departments. Due to his technical skilfulness and experience with the documentation and support of operational processes, he structures the business’ needs with the system’s functionalities.
Within an organisation, the Business Analyst is the central contact point for all functional matters.
A Business Analyst’s profile
- Traineeship in Finance and a great affinity with IT;
- technically skilled: BI-tools, SQL, IT-processes, interfaces for business applications;
- a maximum of 5 to 9 years of experience;
- experience with ERP-implementation and process optimisation;
- a born analyst with knowledge of the business.