Context of the job:
The members of the PR/PO team report to the Transactional Procurement Coach and perform, under her/his supervision, all the activities necessary to transform a Purchase Request into a Purchase Order, monitor the PR/PO database in SAP/Oracle Fusion and inform the users of the correct procedures to be followed.
The members of the team are trained to perform all activities and to function as back-up for one another.
- Review and control of the incoming PR’s for correctness and completeness, according to budget, contract, correct accounting data.
- Verify that the PR’s have the signatures necessary to be processed further.
- Transform the PR’s into PO’s in SAP/Oracle Fusion and send them out to the supplier.
- Be the SPOC for the PO’s they’ve processed, both for the supplier, as internally.
- Be the “safety net” for the PR’s. This means that all PR’s which have been rejected by the system are automatically sent to them, that they have to investigate the reasons for rejection, and that they must solve the issue.
- Monitor the PR/PO database and ensure this is up-to-date.
- Closing activities at month end.
- Investigate reasons of rejection for “problem PR’s” and solve the problem, or make sure that the problem is solved.
- Create awareness in the company about the correct procurement procedures to be followed.
- Provide training and guidance to purchase requestors.
Required technical & professional skills
- Background: good knowledge of accounting and of Microsoft Office tools, experience with SAP/Oracle (Fusion) is a plus.
- Training and education: education in accounting.
Required interpersonal & communication skills
- Precision & eye for detail: ability to identify errors and abnormalities
- Capable of taking initiative within the limits of one's area of responsibilities
- Team work: capable of working well in team and willing to help other team members when necessary and possible.
- Communication skills: communicates in an appropriate, concise and accurate way.
- Languages: Good verbal and written knowledge of English, Dutch and French.
Required personal skills
- Work well in a team
- Communicate clearly, convincingly and in a professional manner with stakeholders’ inside and outside the Finance department.
- Work with precision and identify errors or potential issues.
- Take initiative and propose possible solutions when needed.
A temporary mission as from October: 2-4 months